CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

To The Top!!

We had our first home game of the season at the Rock which brought in a lot of company! Our friends from Atlanta came in on Friday night with Mobile & New Orleans people arriving on Saturday morning. The tailgate was set up by noon and the fun began! Not sure how I didn't get any pictures of our tailgate but will do better next time. It was a 2:30 game so Kris & I decided that we would take the girls in to see how they would do. Normally (and for all future games) my parents take them home after tailgating for a while so they can have their dinner and get to bed at a decent time. But I thought that since Emery took a good morning nap she could make it and Brantley would be so interested in all the activity that she would not be interested in a nap. So we made our way up to our seats (which are in a nice air conditioned suite with food, drinks, and bathrooms conveniently located) and settled in. It was fine for a while. Brantley did well but Emery soon tired of her little area and was going into meltdown mode. So Brantley stayed with Kris at the game and Emery & I went home. She never woke up from her carseat to her crib and when I went back to get her so we could go pick up Brantley she was in the same position as when I laid her down. Baby girl was beat! We went back to get Brantley (she told me it was getting dark & we needed to go home) & bring her home while Kris stayed to help take down our tailgate set up. We got back home about 7:45 and I had them in bed by 8:10. Fastest. Bath. Ever. Most everyone came over to unload all the tailgate paraphernalia into our garage and visit for a little while. It was a great kickoff to the season! Despite losing the game...












0 comments:

Post a Comment